Monday, January 11, 2010

I know, I know!!!!!



Yeah, it's been a very long while and i'm sorry. Life got really crazy with school and work and all creative processes (except math) came to a screeching halt. But i'm back.!

I've finished a pair of socks made from Patons Decor. It's a home dec yarn, 70% acrylic, 30% wool but the hand is soft and there is a bigger wool content than Wool Ease from Lion Brand. I've got two pair made from this yarn, a brown~lilac~butter yellow colorway and a burgundy~black~orange colorway. Because of the acrylic, they are warm but not too hot because of the wool. so far, I like them.

I've been dyeing for a few weeks too. I've got some really fun color ways, a gradient from green to blue, a yellow to orange 4 way variegated, a perfect Valentines Red/Pink/White color way and the most fun is a green/Purple/orange variegated color way that is amazing! I made a green 10gram ball for toes, heels and cuffs. They will make great socks!


The only skein i will be keeping is a hot pink/salmon/yellow colorway. I am keeping it for me because the colors remind me of tulips so i'm going to make a kelly green ball for those toes, heels and cuffs. Kinda like stems to the flowers.

more soon, and pictures to go with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own web site