Friday, January 15, 2010

New Felted Handbags in my Etsy Shop


Over the holiday I made a few more felted handbags. I did some netbook cases too but those will get listed in a day or so. The purses are the same style but different colors. I found wonderful giant buttons at a local yarn shop that were perfect for closures.

I use Lamb's Pride, double stranded, size 15 needles for these. They take about a day including the 45 minutes or so in the washer to get them fully felted. They are almost a half inch thick, put a brick in one and they could be used as weapons!
I made one for myself with lime green as the top color and purple as the bottom color. A giant triangle shaped purple button as the closure makes it look really fun. I get a lot of compliments on it when I'm out.

They're bigger than they look in the pictures.



Going to handpaint some feltable wool this weekend. I usually only do superwash so I don't have to worry about it fulling when I go from hot to cold, but I will just have to have some patience and allow the yarn to get to room temp without cold water help. I'll post the results tomorrow.

Thanks for tuning in and Happy Knitting and Crocheting!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own web site