Sunday, January 17, 2010

Forever In Blue Jeans, Babe. . .

Well, the pure wool is dry and caked. It was supposed to be light blue, dark blue and purple, but for whatever reason the purple didn't take and it turned to an even darker blue. So the two skeins are pretty but all blues. So it's name is Forever In Blue Jeans, Babe.
Maybe it was the wool I used, Paton's Classic
Wool. Maybe it was already dyed and the wool wouldn't take other dye, who knows but I doubt I would use it again. I will just get yarn made for dyeing from my on line sources.


I have lace weight to dye today. Not looking forward to dealing with 880 yards of what might as well be thread. I tied it 12 times around, every 18 inches, to minimize the ability for it to get all tangly. I also have another good hank of the sport weight I love so much and will probably do both of those today.

We are having a fondue party with the neighbors tonight. Should be fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own web site