Sunday, August 16, 2009

Winter seems to be coming earlier for Colorado!

I went to the grocery store this morning for breakfast stuff and rode my scooter. It was downright chilly for that short ride and it seemed like winter was going to be here in 15 minutes. Got me thinking about the mittens, scarves and hats that I will need to make for the kids.

There are some great books on knitting for the winter. KnitPicks (my fav) is having their 40% off books sale and here are a few of my recommendations. . .

For mittens: Knitting New Mittens and Gloves. Some really fun mittens for all sizes as well as half mittens that just cover the hand, wrist and arm. I've got this book and can't wait to get started.

Scarves: I got Scarf Style at the library first to be sure I'd like it and I had to buy it. Nice thick and interesting scarves that even guys will like.

Cool hats can be found here: Hat Heads. Written by a guy, 50 variations on the beanie. My son actually picked out a few that he likes. He's not normally a hat head.

So, go to KnitPicks, get some books, some yarn and if you haven't tried their needles, pick up a couple sets of circular needles and be amazed!

Happy Sunday All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own web site