Monday, August 10, 2009

My Yarn Stash is Seriously Out Of Control!


I was re-arranging my stash (to get more of it downstairs and out of the way) and found that my stash is out of control. I keep my yarn is 21 gallon totes with snap on lids and I have 5 and yarn for 3-4 more that I have to keep in ziplocs in baskets til I can find more totes.
I have one full tote with nothing but sock yarn in it!

I would take a picture, but I'm afraid my husband could use it against me in a future divorce proceeding. . .

How did that happen?
Well, a few years ago there was a whisper that Patons was going to discontinue Kroy. So I went to my LYS and bought up most of the Kroy they had. 4 skeins of each color, it was on sale. And for me Kroy is too thin and would take me the better part of a year to knit a pair of socks, so I hold two strands together.
Then a friend decided she didn't want to knit with such thin yarn anymore and did I want to buy all her Opal for $5 a skein-well of course I did! I have 25-30 Opals now, yikes.
Then I do have an entire tote of feltable yarn in cones from my favorite ebay yarn seller for the time when I just have to make a felted purse, totebage, hat, slippers, etc. I've got 15 or so colors on big cones. And then just worsted yarn that was pretty. I had a plan for each skein I bought, though now I can't remember all the projects I wanted to do.

I was thinking that it's time to do some de-stashing. There are colors and weights I don't knit with anymore (those thin yarns can't even be seen with my eyes anymore) so maybe it's time to just give it away? Want some? Email me your name, address and top three color favs and I will send you sock yarn (US only please). Enough to do a pair, and maybe, just maybe more.
imagesinthewind@mho.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own web site