Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So, who LOVES TO FELT????

Last night right before I went to bed I started thinking about needing a new purse. I had moved all my yarn stash back down to the basement and saw all the Lamb's Pride I have collected. Hmmm. I DO need a new purse. And I do want it to be completely ME. That's tough for designers since none of them know me.

So last night I started thinking about all that feltable yarn, in cherry red and bright orange. I could hear it calling to me. And i shouldn't be thinking about something like that right before bed. Yep, you guessed it, at 2:10AM I was STILL thinking about it, doing the math in my head. . .okay I usually hold two strands together and on the 15s (needles) I get 3 stitches per inch, if I wanted the bottom to be 10 inches, I need to start with 12 inches so it felts down, so cast on 36, knit for 6 inches if I want it to be 5 inches on the botton, garter stitch on the bottom. . .etc.

Purse is 90% done already. I know that if I didn't do it today, I would spend all night tonight thinking about it. Sometimes you just have to make it to get it out of the head. I took pics as I went. . .


This is the bottom. 30 stitches cast on, size 15 needles, Lamb's Pride in Cherry Red, two strands held together. 11 inches by 4 inches.








Then I switched to SS and knit 24 rows (7.5 inches) and bound off.

I picked up 30 stitches on the other side and knit up another 24 rows and bound off loosely. This is the bottom, front and back of the purse.











I used the bright orange on the sides. I picked up 9 stitches and knit up 24 rows, but I decreased 3 stiches on the way up. So the bottom is 9 stitches, the top is 6 stitches.
















I whip stitched the sides up and this is what I have. Gonna look great when done, at least I hope so.



After stitching up the sides, I made a small flap that I will put a button on. And maybe a magnetic clasp. Here are the I-Cords, will be put on tomorrow and tossed in the washer. Pics when it's done!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Create your own web site